Your privacy is important to us at Avensia. In addition to covering how we respect your privacy, we would also like to share how we collect, process, use, share, store and protect your information, and especially information that can be used to personally identify you.
Personally Identifying information is defined as any information such as your name, physical address, e-mail address, IP number or other contact details that directly or indirectly identify you.
The purpose of this policy is to inform you:
- That whenever we request personally identifiable information, we will inform you about what types of data we collect and how we use it
- About the steps we take to protect and safeguard your personal information
- That we only collect your personal information in accordance with GDPR laws
- That you have the right to withdraw your previously given consent at any given moment and that we are by law required to then delete all your personally identifiable information
- That you have the right to request further information regarding how we process and protect your personal data when you visit our websites. Please see contact section below
- That due to the nature of the internet, there is always a chance, albeit small, but nevertheless a chance of being hacked or having your data leaked. In the unlikely event of such an occurrence, you will be immediately informed
We hope the following information will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us. You are under no circumstances obliged to provide your personally identifiable information with us and your consent is always revocable.
Visiting our Website
We generally do not require any personally identifying information when you browse our websites and access our other services. We may however collect limited non-personally identifying information that your browser makes available to us whenever you visit a website, for example, Internet Protocol address, browser language, geographical location data, date and time, and cookies. Non-personally identifying information is used to better understand how users experience and interact with our sites, and to further improve the quality of the offerings and services we provide you.
Creating an Account
We also offer services which require you to register a personal account. To register an account, we will need certain personally identifying information which we use to create the account and to provide the services you have requested.
The personally identifiable information will only be used for the specific purpose it was originally collected for.
Applying for a Job Online
In general, if you are applying for job online we will use your information to process your application.
Connecting with us
When you sign up for newsletters, marketing and promotional material, general information, or wish to connect with us online, we may (depending on type of contact you request) collect the following personally identifiable information:
- Contact details (e-mail, address, phone, professional title or role), company name and language preferences
- Event, meeting (including feedback about content and services at events you attend through surveys), and travel Information
- The information you submit or post to and from our Services when you connect with us via social platforms
- Your precise, real-time location using beacon technology, GPS, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi signals, and/or future technologies
- How often you use an app and where you downloaded it
We may also collect your personally identifiable information from business partners, from third parties acting on your behalf, and other platforms that help provide services. For example, we may receive meeting data from an event registration provider.
We use your personally identifiable information to provide you with the requested services and may send you marketing and promotional material relevant to you, such as:
- Invites to events and seminars
- Product and service offerings
- News, updates and other business-to-business related information
You may at any time, request that we delete your personally identifiable information. Please contact email@example.com.
Avensia’s Responsibility as Controller
Avensia AB, headquartered in Lund, Sweden, is the data controller of the personally identifiable information either consensually given to us by you or collected via our website. We always aim to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable Data privacy laws. For any complaints relating to our handling of your personal identifiable information that cannot be resolved with us directly, please contact the Swedish Data Protection Authority at firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Grounds for Collection and Processing of Personal Data
We only processes your personally identifiable information where we have legal grounds to do so. When we require your consent to collect and process your personal data, the request form will be provided to you in a clear and concise manner.
Sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information
Avensia will never rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals. We may and will however share such information under any of the following limited circumstances:
- With your consent
- To trusted businesses or individuals with the sole purpose of processing your request on our behalf. When this occurs, these parties are required by law to process such information as instructed by us, and to use the appropriate confidentiality and security measures compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations
- When we are required by law or have a good faith belief that access, preservation, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Avensia, its users or the general public
We may store and process personal information collected on our site in any country in which Avensia or our hosting providers maintain facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
Sharing of Account Specific Information
When you have created an account with us, we may share information submitted under your account among all of our services, as well as distributors and channel partners, to the extent necessary to provide you with a seamless experience and to improve the quality of our services. We will not disclose your personally identifiable account information to other people or non-affiliated companies, except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy or with your consent.
We only share your personally identifiable information with data platforms and cloud providers that perform services on our behalf. We share Information with companies that help us operate and support our Services. Some vendors may be located in a country other than where you live. We may also share your personally identifiable information with analytics and search engine providers who act on our behalf.
We aim to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data.
We restrict access to your personal data to just our employees and suppliers who need to use the information in order to process it on our behalf. Our suppliers are contractually required to keep your personal data secure and confidential.
Updating your Information
When we process your personal data, we aim to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date. We will seek to erase or rectify personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete. If you need to update or correct your personally identifiable information, please contact email@example.com with your request and we will provide you with the tools for updating your personally identifiable information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this policy or the purposes of which you have otherwise been informed. We will retain your data for as long as permitted under applicable legal ground, where after it will be deleted.
If our legal ground relies on your consent, you may at any time revoke your consent. In the event where you have exercised your right to withdraw your consent, we may nevertheless and under certain circumstance, be required to keep your personally identifiable information for a defined period in order for us to meet our legal obligations and defend ourselves in legal disputes.
Links to Third Party Sites
Your Rights as Individual under this Policy
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, you may request to:
- Be granted access to your Personal Data
- Rectify your Personal Data
- Erase your Personal Data
- Restrict processing of your Personal Data
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data
- Withdraw your consent
All requests must be made in writing and be personally signed by you, and include information such as, your name, address and, preferably, your e-mail address to verify your identity. Where the applicable law provides for an administrative fee for complying with such a request (including frivolous or excessive requests) such a fee may be charged by Avensia.
All valid requests will be dealt with in a prompt and proper manner and we will respond within no less than 30 days upon receiving your request.
To make your request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your request has been denied for stated reasons, you may file a complaint to the local data protection authorities in the jurisdiction of the office in which services are being provided.
Changes to this Notice
Avensia reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time. We expect most of such changes to be minor, but there may be changes that are more significant. The date of the last modification is stated at the end of this document.
If you have any additional questions or wish to exercise your rights, please feel free to contact us any time at email@example.com
This policy was published May 25, 2018.