This Privacy Notice describes how Avensia handles personal data you submit when applying for a job. Please read this document carefully to understand how Avensia uses and protects the information you provide.
When applying online using Avensia’s online portal
Responsibility as Controller
Avensia is the controller for the information we collect and process about you for recruitment purposes. The relevant lead supervising authority for Personal Information collected through our website career.avensia.com is the Swedish Data inspection Authority, https://www.datainspektionen.se.
Personal information will only be collected and/or processed by Avensia in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
What information do we collect?
The information about you we may collect, hold and process is set out below.
Information collected and processed is as follows:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates (B)
We may also collect and process the following personal information:
- In some cases, permits and visas
- National insurance number
- Full details of job offers and placements, and preferences
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
This information will have been provided, or will be provided by you, directly or by a third party who we work with, such as employment business or agency. In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer. Please note, you are responsible for obtaining references consent before providing personal information such as name, and contact information.
How we use the information
Personal data is collected to facilitate the recruitment process and used for anonymised reporting purposes.
The information under A above may be used as follows:
- To match your skill sets with listed job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To evaluate you as a potential candidate for vacant positions
The information under B above may be used as follows:
- To establish that you have the right to work
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
How we handle the data that is submitted by you:
Personal Data is entered as part of an application and is stored in our system Ponty and will be made available to an applicant to ‘reuse’ as part of a future application.
In the event of your application resulting in the offer and your acceptance of a position at Avensia, your personal information will be sent to and held in Avensia’s HR system or in a local HR system if recruitment takes place outside the European Union.
In the event of your application is unsuccessful, your personal information may be stored in our talent portal Ponty for future job opportunities with Avensia. By submitting your Application, you hereby consent to your information being stored in our TalentPool Ponty in accordance with defined retention period.
You may at any time request to withdraw your consent for this purpose, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the legal basis for processing the information?
We will rely on your consent to process the information marked with an * above which is collected at the outset of the recruitment process.
Information and documentation to establish your right to work is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so.
Once a position has been found for you, we will process your personal data, including financial information, for the purpose of you entering into a contract to fulfil your role and to enable us to pay you, depending on the specific contractual arrangements and circumstances.
For the purposes of paying you, where relevant, we are legally obliged to provide information to applicable Tax Authorities, Pension Scheme providers, insurance providers.
Once a placement has been secured, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
Disclosure of your information
All of your information will only be accessed and processed by Avensia employees involved in the recruitment process anywhere in the world, as well as by authorized third parties such as agencies and IT administrators assisting Avensia in the recruitment process.
Except as set out in this policy or as required by law, your personal data will not be provided to any third party without your prior written consent.
You have rights as an individual which you can exercise under certain circumstances in relation to your Personal Data that we hold. These rights are to:
- object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) and request certain information in relation to its processing
- request rectification of your Personal Data;
- request the erasure of your Personal Data;
- request the restriction of processing of your Personal
If you want to exercise one of these rights please contact us at email@example.com .
Right to withdraw consent
You may at any time request to withdraw a consent where consent forms the lawful basis of our collection and processing. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
How we protect your data
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
Data transfers outside EU/EEA
Avensia is a company that operates globally. Your data might therefore be used globally in connection with the recruitment process by Avensia. We will always ensure that there is a legal basis and a relevant safeguard methods in place for such data transfer so that your Personal Data is treated in a manner that is consistent with and respects applicable EU Privacy laws and other applicable laws and regulations on data protection. We have put in place EU standard contractual clauses as our safeguard method. If you require further information about this you can request it from email@example.com.
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy. We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the lead supervising authority, the Swedish Data inspection at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time. This Privacy Notice will be updated in due course to comply with the further requirements under the GDPR which comes into force on 25 May 2018.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to email@example.com .
Data Protection Statement
The personal data you provide in your application and as part of the recruitment process will only be held and processed for the purpose of the selection processes of Avensia and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement, unless otherwise indicated. Your data will be retained only for as long as is permitted by applicable law legislation and then destroyed.
By submitting your personal data and application, you:
(1) declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements set out in this data protection clause;
(2) are declaring that the information given in the application is complete and true to the best of your knowledge, and understand that deliberate omissions and incorrect statements could lead to your application being rejected or to your dismissal;
(3) are giving your consent to the processing of the information contained in this application and any other personal data you may provide separately in the manner and to the extent described; and
(4) are authorising Avensia to verify or have verified on their behalf all statements contained in this application and to make any necessary reference checks.
(5) are authorising Avensia to keep your personal data in the event your application is not successful in our talentpool in order for us to contact you in case of future job opportunities with Avensia.
We will retain such personal data in accordance with applicable retention period, but no longer than two (2) years where after your record will be deleted.