The Chief Financial Officer position is responsible for the overall financial strategy, its implementation through processes, routines and systems as well as the day-to-day operation and development of the finance department, currently consisting of four people. As part of the Operation Leadership team the CFO is also expected to work closely with Avensia’s senior managers and the CEO and contribute to the continued profitable growth and overall success of the company.
You will be based at our HQ in modern premises in central Lund. Travel to our other offices will occasionally be required.
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to the CEO and the operational leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization and define and implement critical KPIs
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Communicate, engage and interact with Board of Directors, CEO and operational leadership team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports including monthly profit and loss by company/subsidiary, forecast vs. budget analysis as well as cash flow actuals.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis.
- Supervise the accounting function to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting including compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Lead, coach and manage the Finance department
Who are you?
As a person, you are curious, energetic, a quick learner and a solid team player. You are actively seeking a position where you will combine strategic thinking with hands-on work. You thrive on working in a dynamic environment where growth, international expansion, cultural diversity, complex business models and high-profile customers are an integral part of your job. You have a passion for finding solutions to challenging analytical problems and you like to base your recommendations and decisions on data and numbers. You also like communications and enjoy presenting to employees, management, investors and press alike. You want to be a part of our continued journey and are motivated to build up your own structures and routines. You enjoy working in an environment that are characterized by high pace and you always play to win.
To be successful in the role you need to have:
- Masters Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years minimum experience as a CFO in an international, publicly listed corporation in a dynamic and fast-moving industry.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of compliance and reporting.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Solid experience working with external auditors, stock exchange and investors and analysts.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong understanding of strategic trends and topics affecting the CFO agenda
Furthermore, you are a good fit if:
- You have an MBA from a top business school
- You have experience in Big 4 Public Accounting
- You have international experience
- You understand the complexity and different business models for IT-related products and services.
- You are constantly looking for ways to develop, both yourself but also your team and the company and your strength and passion is within analytics
- You have an interest for legal matters and for compliance
- You understand both B2B as well as B2C business logic
- You have an interest in global digital trade
- You have a passion for customers
- You have a winning attitude